AED Legal Requirement Consulting in Miller Place, NY
In New York State, any Automated External Defibrillator (AED) deployed outside of a hospital or doctor’s office is subject to Public Health Law Article 30 Section 3000-B. Other states have similar laws. In short, these AEDs are offered for public access and must meet certain requirements:
- AEDs must be registered with the local Regional Emergency Medical Services Council,
- A physician familiar with Emergency Cardiac Care must oversee the AED in the form of a Collaborative Agreement,
- The AED must be maintained according to the manufacturer’s standards,
- The AED must be equipped with sufficient battery power and electrode pads within expiry,
- Only personnel certified to administer CPR and use an AED may do so, and
- A sign must be posted a the front entrance of a building indicating the location of the AED.
Click here to view the full law.
Contact our emergency experts now to help you with AED legal requirement consulting in Miller Place, NY.